The projects are in the life sciences, communications, nanotechnology, and energy.
Israel-United States Binational Industrial Research and Development Foundation (BIRD-F) will invest $9 million in 12 joint projects between Israeli and US companies. The projects' aggregate budget is $28 million.
BIRD-F said that it had received a record number of requests for funding in 2009, and expects that the trend will continue because the global economic situation.
The 12 projects are in the life sciences, communications, nanotechnology, and energy:
- Aposense Ltd. and IBA Molecular on real-time visualization of cellular apoptosis within solid tumors.
- Argo Medical Technologies Ltd. and Allied Orthotics and Prosthetics on a rehabilitation device for people with leg injuries.
- Ginger Software Ltd. and Freedom Scientific on a computer-assisted solution for dyslexic students.
- Intec Pharma Ltd. and Synergy CRO on an accordion pill to treat insomnia.
- Mediguide Ltd. and GE Healthcare on a guided cardiovascular imaging system.
- MTI Wireless Edge Ltd. (AIM:MWE) and Bridgewave Communications Inc. on high-performance MMW antenna for point-to-point communication.
- Nanoready Ltd. and Applied Nanotech on conductive copper ink.
- Oree Inc. and Intematix Planar on an illumination LED module.
- Power Paper Inc. and GE GRC-Lighting on a self-powered OLED for lighting.
- ProIV Ltd. and Texas Instruments Co. (NYSE: TXN) on an electronic safety valve for drug delivery
- TransBioDiesel Ltd. and Rohm and Haas Company (NYSE: ROH) on an enzymatic process for biodiesel production
- Xtellus Ltd. and Excelight Communication Inc. on a reconfigurable device for fiber optical communications.
Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes-online.com - on December 18, 2008
© Copyright of Globes Publisher Itonut (1983) Ltd. 2008