Tamar partners sign Gazprom LNG agreement
Under the letter of intent, the Tamar partners will export 4.2 BCM of gas a year to the Asian market for 20 years.
Noble Energy Inc. (NYSE: NBL) owns 36% of Tamar, Delek Group Ltd. (TASE: DLEKG) subsidiaries Avner Oil and Gas LP (TASE: AVNR.L) and Delek Drilling LP (TASE: DEDR.L) each own 15.625%, Isramco Ltd. (Nasdaq: ISRL; TASE: ISRA.L) owns 28.7%, and Dor Alon Energy in Israel (1988) Ltd. (TASE:DRAL) unit Alon Natural Gas Exploration Ltd. (TASE: ALGS) owns 4%. They have an option to become a partner in Levant LNG Marketing.
- Exclusive negotiations between the parties over six months to sign a binding agreement for the export of gas to Asia;
- The quantity of LNG exported will be 3 million tons per annum ( equal to 4.2 billion cubic meters a year) for 20 years at a FOB (free on board) price linked to the Brent crude price;
Gazprom will provide financial support for Levant to build the floating LNG (FLNG) facility through a large capital investment.
Delek Drilling chairman and Avner CEO Gideon Tadmor said, "Signing this letter of intent with Gazprom is not just a very important milestone for Tamar's FLNG project, but also a strategic collaboration with a major international player."
Delek Drilling CEO Yossi Abu said, "This is the first step in gas exports from Delek's gas discoveries and for the sale of LNG over 20 years to the Asian market, which is seeking new reliable sources for the supply of LNG. We will continue moving forward on detailed plans for the project ahead of making the final investment decision."
Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes-online.com - on February 26, 2013
© Copyright of Globes Publisher Itonut (1983) Ltd. 2013
- Tel Aviv market report
- Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
- Israeli stocks in NY
- Arbitrage gaps for dual-listed stocks
- Israeli stocks in Europe
- Israeli stocks on other markets
- Tel Aviv 25 options
- Mutual funds
- Current representative shekel rates
- Historical representative shekel rates
- Bank shekel rates
- Shekel/dollar options